Friday, January 19, 2007

Just for that??!!??

Wtf? Was my first thought a few days ago. Currently I am sitting in a coffee shop having a Mocha Latte. Thought I would finally get around to posting. Anyway........I got an instant message from an old "friend" (for lack of better wording at this moment). I had not talked to him in over a year. Was wondering wtf he was doing messaging me out of the blue. Well, I found out soon enough because I am just nosey. After getting the niceties out of the way, my nosey self inquired as to his current relationship. I just asked if he married her yet. He said not yet but he will be getting married in 24 days (which makes it the last weekend in January). I told him congrats. Personally I think it is about time! I have not talked to him nor seen him online or offline since. Do you think he just wanted me to know he was getting married? If it is so great & exciting why not tell me sooner? Maybe he wanted to........ you know.......one more time before he tied the knot? Heck, I don't know the answer to any of those questions. Pure speculation on my part. Our "friendship" involved hotels and sex - off and on for several years. Need I say more? I didn't know much about him (his habits, idiosyncrasies, etc.) but on the other hand I knew alot about him as a person, and yet not everything. We live several hours apart. But, being me, I have wondered what things would have been like had I lived closer or had I moved closer. And MAYBE if I wasn't a commitment-phobe .......well.... you can't change the past. Nor does it pay to live in the past. What could have been - that's a dangerous place to wander. I sure don't mind visiting the land of *What Could Have Been*, more commonly known as the land of *What If*, but it is not somewhere I prefer to dwell. What-If's can make you crazy and cause you to lose out on a lot of life. Yes, I came to care about him as a person. But - I am not the type that likes strings, commitments, etc. I do expect honesty and respect. In a committed relationship you get into trust issues too often. The question I do know the answer to is: How do *I* feel about him getting married? Good for him!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you a bit bitter about this topic. Are you sure it is not you that is missing him and not the other way around?

Sweetz said...

LoL! After not talking to him in so long nor seeing him definately not bitter! Never have been a person to be bitter. Cannot imagine being that kind of person. Bitterness infects your entire life not just one area. I can't even say he misses me because I don't have a clue as to whether he does/did or not. I am glad he married the woman. I am glad he has gotten a life of his own. Like I said in the post....the past is the past. That is where it is better left.

Anonymous said...

Well said!